To make this I used a cute container that I found in the Target dollar section. I then used foam bug beads from Oriental trading that we had ordered a few years ago and hot glued them to large craft sticks. I also not glued erasers to the sticks, but they did not stay on well. To make the clothes pins I added foam numbers to the clothespin. The only one I do not really like how it turned out is the 10.
To use this students pick out a stick and count the bugs. The student then finds the clothes pin with the correct number and clips it to the stick. I love this because students are not only working on counting, 1:1 correspondence, and number recognition, but they are also working on their fine motor skills when squeezing the clothes pin.